- Telephone the Parking Authority of the City of Camden at 856.757.9300 and ask for Denise at ext. 110.
- Once you have spoken with Denise and she has recorded
- your name and/or the name of the person in need of the handicapped parking
- the corresponding address
- and all necessary contact telephone numbers you will receive a packet of information in the mail
- It is important to bear in mind that we are currently working our way through a Waiting List — at this stage, your name is being placed on the Waiting List. Each and every Resident is important to us; we will not forget and/or neglect your request. We ask that you be patient with us because in essence, the current Residential Handicapped parking program is brand new — we are working hard to iron out old wrinkles and implement new and enhanced procedures.
- As part of the new process, it will be necessary to meet with the Review Committee for an interview. Every applicant must be seen in the office by the Review Committee for an interview. You will be telephoned and scheduled for an appointment when your name is next on the Waiting List.
- Once you are APPROVED for a Handicapped Parking space by the Review Committee, your name is forwarded to City Hall to be placed on the Agenda for the next available City Council Meeting. Once you are formally approved by City Council, the Department of Public Works will schedule your address for the installation of the Handicapped sign and/or markings. After City Council Approval a 20-Day period must lapse before it once again is sent to the Department of Public Works for them to schedule and dispatch a crew to install the signage and paint the curb. The entire process may take approximately four ( 4) to (five) 5 months.
- Also, there are fees associated with the award of Residential Handicapped Parking spaces. Attached is a copy of the Ordinance setting forth the fee schedule. However, it is important that you DO NOT send any fees until such time as you are contacted and asked to do so.
Please click here to download the Handicap Parking Application